- Energy & nature in the Alps: a balancing act. Perpetual calendar
This perpetual calendar explains the main project findings, in particular to decision-makers from local to Alps-wide level. It takes readers through the decision-making process that the fictional town of “Alpine Vale” goes through when discussing the potential use of renewable energy.
- Decision support system
Prototype, information available only at an alpine level, will be updated shortly (-> Tools -> Alpine Area r.green, Pilot region r.green). With the help of the online platform “JECAMI”, users can visualise different renewable energy scenarios at both the Alpine and pilot study levels. The system calculates the maximum energy production at the lowest costs and displays the optimal locations for renewable energy production at the desired scale.
- Report: Activities in pilot areas – testing and implementation. Authors: Jessica Balest, Giorgio Curetti, Giulia Garegnani, Gianluca Grilli, JulieGros, Valentina D’Alonzo(EURACresearch, Bozen); Alessandro Paletto CRA-MPF,Trento);Marco Ciolli and Francesco Geri (University of Trento);Clemens Geitner,Richard Hastik (University of Innsbruk); SylvainLeduc(IIASA, Vienna); SimoneBertin, Francesca Miotello, Erica Zangrando (VenetoRegion, Venice); DavidePettenella, Alessia Portaccio (University of Padua); Alenka Petrinjak (Triglav National Park); Rok Pisek (Slovenia Forest Service), Aleš Poljanec (Slovenia ForestService and Department for forestry and renewable forest resources at thebiotechnical faculty of UL); Tomaž Kralj and Borut Vrščaj (Agricultural Institute of Slovenia).
- Report: Renewable Energy and Ecosystem Services in the Alps – status quo and trade-off between renewable energy expansion and ecosystem services valorization. Authors: Jessica Balest, Giorgio Curetti, Giulia Garegnani, Gianluca Grilli, Julie Gros, Simon Pezzutto, Daniele Vettorato, Pietro Zambelli (EURAC research, Bozen); Alessandro Paletto (CRA-MPF, Trento); Isabella De Meo (CRA-ABP); Clemens Geitner, Richard Hastik (University of Innsbruck); Sylvain Leduc (IIASA, Vienna); Simone Bertin, Francesca Miotello, Erica Zangrando (Veneto Region, Venice); Davide Pettenella, Alessia Portaccio (University of Padua); Alenka Petrinjak (Triglav National Park); Rok Pisek, Aleš Poljanec (Slovenia Forest Service); Nina Kuenzer, Marianne Badura (blue!, Munich); Chris Walzer (University of Vienna).
- Report: Sustainable Renewable Energy Planning in the Alps – a handbook for experts and decision makers. Authors: Balest, Jessica; Berchtold-Domig, Markus; Bertin, Simone; Ciolli, Marco; Curetti, Giorgio; D’Alonzo, Valentina; Garegnani, Giulia; Geitner, Clemens; Geri, Francesco; Grilli, Gianluca; Gros, Julie; Haimerl, Gerhard; Hastik, Richard7; Kralj, Tomaž; Kraxner, Florian; Kuenzer, Nina; Leduc, Sylvain; Miotello, Francesca; Paletto, Alessandro; Petrinjak, Alenka; Piske, Rok; Poljanec, Aleš; Portaccio, Alessia; Sacchelli, Sandro; Serrano León, Hernán; Simoncic, Tina; Svadlenak-Gomez, Karin1; Vettorato, Daniele; Vrscaj, Borut; Zambelli, Pietro; Zangrando, Erica; Walzer, Chris.
Modeling and visualization of optimal locations for renewable energy production in the Alpine Space with a special focus on selected pilot areas. Authors: Florian Kraxner, Sylvain Leduc, Hernán Serrano León (Ecosystems Services and Management Program, IIASA, Laxenburg, Austria); Giulia Garegnani, Gianluca Grilli, Julie Gros, Sandro Sacchelli, Pietro Zambelli (Institute for Renewable Energy, EURAC research, Bozen, Italy); Marco Ciolli, Francesco Geri (Department of Civil Environmental and Mechanical engineering, University of Trento, Italy)
Report: Recommendations and lessons learned for a renewable energy strategy in the Alps. Authors: Florian Kraxner, Sylvain Leduc, Hernán Serrano León (Ecosystems Services and Management Program, IIASA, Laxenburg, Austria); Jessica Balest, Giulia Garegnani, Gianluca Grilli, (Institute for Renewable Energy, EURAC research, Bozen, Italy); Marco Ciolli, Francesco Geri (Department of Civil Environmental and Mechanical engineering, University of Trento, Italy); Alessandro Paletto (CRA-MPF, Trento); Aleš Poljanec (Department for forestry and renewable forest resources, University of Ljubljana).
- Report about round tables for the Piedmont pilot area. Jessica Balest, Alessandro Paletto, Giulia Garegnani, Valentina D’Alonzo, Giorgio Curetti, Gianluca Grilli, Francesco Geri, Marco Ciolli.
The report summarizes the main aspects of the discussion between local stakeholders in round tables concerning hydroelectric and forest biomass energy in Gesso and Vermenagna valleys (Valdieri – 31st March 2015).
- Report about round tables for the pilot areas Mis and Maè Valley Erica Zangrando, Simone Bertin, Francesca Miotello, Alessia Portaccio
This report summarises the activities (methodology and results) with stakeholders carried out by Veneto Region in the pilot areas in the Belluno Province.
- Il caso studio delle aree pilota del partner Regione del Veneto: le valli del Mis e del Maé (Italian only, summary in English)
This handbook summarizes the activities performed by Regione del Veneto, Section Economy and Development in Mountain Areas, for the project recharge.green, Alpine Space Programme 2007-2013, in two pilot areas located in the Belluno Province, South-Eastern Alps.
- Report: Acta triglavensia (Slovenian only, summary in English). Journal. Tanja Menegalija, Alenka Petrinjak.
- Booklet: Musterhektare (German only): The decision support tool “Sample Hectare” assists stakeholders in making decisions about the use of landscape for renewable energies. It has been developed and tested in Vorarlberg.
- Scientific articles are available here
- 20-21 May 2015 in Sonthofen/DE, download presentations and posters
- Newsletter September 30, 2015
- Newsletter January 16, 2015
- Newsletter June 26, 2014
- Newsletter December 18, 2013
- Newsletter June 06,2013
International conference on balancing renewable energy and nature in the Alps:
Mid term conference, 12-13 November 2013, Brig/CH
- Chris Walzer, Research Institute of Wildlife Ecology, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna
- Stefanie Bischof, Alpine Space Programme
- Markus Reiterer, Alpine Convention
- Federico Pontoni, University of Milan
- Florian Kraxner, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Laxenburg
- Aleš Poljanec, Rok Pisek, University of Ljubljana and Slovenian Forest Service
- Peter Suter, Centralschweizerische Kraftwerke AG, Luzern
- Pilot region Vorarlberg/AT
- Pilot region Obere Iller/DE
- Pilot region Regione Veneto/IT
- Pilot region Triglav National Park/SI, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Pilot region Alpes du Nord françaises/FR
- Trade-Off Mapping, International Institute for Applied Systems Analyses/AT
- Ecosystem Services, Institute for Geography, University of Innsbruck/AT
- Walliser Bote/CH, 14 November 2013 (German)
- Media release on the recharge.green project: results and conference, 25.05.2015
- Press release on the international conference, 24.10.2013
- Press release on the project kickoff, 18.12.2012